About the Session
EMDR trainers provide guidance, support, and mentorship to those therapists who are beginning their journey as EMDR providers. They facilitate skill development, case conceptualization, and help trainees gain confidence in using EMDR and the AIP model in their clinical practice. Through theoretical instruction and practical exercises, EMDR trainers equip therapists with tools to help clients reprocess traumas and disturbing life experiences effectively.
This session will explore four relevant questions for EMDR Trainers:
- How to include trauma-informed principles into the EMDR basic training.
- How to cultivate a conducive leaning environment in all aspects of EMDR basic training.
- How to support trainees to address barriers that prevent them from continuing to use EMDR therapy after training.
- How to support assisting faculty during the EMDR training process.
In addition, we will end our session engaging in in guided visualization, gentle movement, and conscious breathing to enhance our sense of grounding. As trainers, it’s important for us to embody the techniques we teach our trainees to use with their clients. Practices like grounding, mindfulness, and self-compassion aid us in staying present, making us more effective trainers.
- Participants will be able to identify ways to promote a conducive learning environment during EMDR basic trainings.
- Participants will be able to identify practical ways to include trauma-informed principles in the EMDR basic training and discuss ways to support trainees to continue utilizing EMDR therapy after training.
- Participants will be able to discuss possible ways to support assisting faculty during the EMDR basic training experience.