Cancellation requests from registrants must be made by completing the online Cancellation Form on our website. No cancellation or refund requests will be accepted by phone or email. A total refund of paid registration fees, minus a $100 processing fee, will apply to all cancellations submitted by March 15, 2024.
No refunds will be issued after March 15, 2024.
The handouts provided by presenters are the property of each respective individual and may not be used for other purposes besides references, research, and educational purposes. Distribution of handouts received from the EMDRIA Summit 2024 is strictly prohibited unless the presenter specifically gives permission.
Continuing Education Policy
Attendees are responsible for attending each registered session in its entirety to receive the full Continuing Education credits available for the session. No partial credit will be given. No exceptions can be made.
EMDRIA reserves the right to substitute faculty or cancel and reschedule sessions due to unforeseen circumstances. If EMDRIA must cancel the Summit, registrants are responsible for requesting a full credit or refund of the registration fee.
Content within this Summit may contain client session video and audio recordings for educational purposes. To protect the rights and privacy of the clients featured, attendees are strictly prohibited from recording or broadcasting audio or video of any part of the sessions from the EMDRIA Summit. No person shall transfer or cause to be transferred any sounds or video recorded on any device. Not respecting this agreement can be punished to the full extent of the law and licensing boards.
Summit Code of Conduct
EMDRIA is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all summit participants and EMDRIA staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, exhibitors, volunteers, EMDRIA staff members, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Code of Conduct. This Policy applies to all EMDRIA Summit-related events, including any events that may be sponsored by organizations other than EMDRIA but held in conjunction with EMDRIA events, on public or private platforms.
EMDRIA has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, EMDRIA asks that you inform Gayla Turner, Chief Operating Officer, at email@example.com so that we can take the appropriate action.
Unacceptable Behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, EMDRIA staff member, service provider, or other summit guest.
- Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, EMDRIA staff member, service provider, or other Summit guest.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions or at other events organized by EMDRIA throughout the summit.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. EMDRIA reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Participants are prohibited from copying or taking screen shots of presentations, Q&A, or any session activity that takes place during any given presentation.
EMDRIA reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and EMDRIA reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.